Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) : 29th July 2023, 11am via Zoom
The EGM will discuss amendments to PAM's Updated Constitution for submission to Registrar of Societies.
1. INTRODUCTORY REMARKS BY PRESIDENT OF PAM
2. PRESENTATION BY PRESIDENT ON THE PROPOSED AMENDMENTS
3. DISCUSSION ON THE AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
4. VOTING ON AMENDMENTS
5. NEXT STEPS
6. ADJOURNMENT (12.00PM)
1. Trust this note finds all of you and your families very well.
2. On April 5, 2023 PAM was informed – via email – by Registrar of Societies Selangor that our application to amend the constitution has been rejected. ROS indicated a number of areas where amendments to the constitution should be addressed.
3. Due to administrative hiccups we did not bring this matter to our AGM on June 17, 2023. Eugene and I went to ROS office on June 28, 2023 but was not able to see the officer concerned. Instead, we had a discussion with one of the clerks manning the reception who was able to suggest some pointers on our amendments.
4. I made the necessary changes as per the suggestions of ROS as well as based on the model constitution prepared by ROS and submitted to ROS on July 3, 2023 for their comments. ROS informed us on July 4, 2023 that we need to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting to approve these amendments. I spoke to the officer who signed the email message (Pn Aizzatul Asyiqin) about our proposed amendments she informed me that it appeared in order.
5. We wish to convene an online meeting on Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 11.00 am to discuss the proposed amendments as appended. The ones highlighted in yellow are where the changes have been made. Appendix A lists the proposed amendments to our constitution and rationale for the changes.
6. We need the support of at least 20 members to be present on July 29, 2023 to approve the proposed amendments as per the constitution governing special meetings. ROS wants us to provide the list of attendees of this special meeting.
7. We look forward to meeting you. Thank you for the support.
Dr K. Thiruchelvam
Psoriasis Association of Malaysia
July 10, 2023
PAM is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting
Join Zoom Meeting: